Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Next Show(s): COCK & BULL

Here's the official plug for my next work project:


Cock and Bull are two different plays by the same playwright. Theatre by the River is presenting them in repertory, which means the plays are being presented on alternating nights by the same cast and crew. We are, however presenting both plays in one night for four days throughout the performance run. 

I'm excited to be working with Theatre by the River. I am a founding member of the company (I'm no longer a company member) and I performed in many of their early productions. I haven't worked with them since I left the company in 2009, so this is a bit of a homecoming for me. 


Here's what Theatre by the River has to say about the plays:
Cock & Bull
Two plays by Mike Bartlett
Performed on alternating nights, in repertory
Directed by Rodrigo Beilfuss
Featuring Kevin Anderson, Derek Leenhouts, Mel Marginet and Karl Thordarson
Design by Daina Leitold | Stage Managed by Lisa Nelson


Cock
Winner of the Olivier Award
John has been in a long-term relationship with his same-sex partner, M.  When they break up, John finds himself falling in love with W, a woman he sees on his daily commute. When he goes back to his relationship with M, he has a hard time leaving his connection to W.  What does this mean? Is he gay, straight, bisexual? Who will he choose to spend his life with?  When M suggests they settle the unrest over dinner – and invites his father along for support – it’s an evening that will forever change the way you look at a love triangle.

Bull
A National (Canadian) Premiere
Three employees wait to meet their boss. After the meeting, only two will have their jobs.  In 2014 the cost of living has increased exponentially, while income has remained stagnant. The chronic under-employment faced by Millennials means this play is full of high stakes, low morals and a need to win at all costs.

Cock and Bull are two stand-alone plays, which we are performing in repertory (same cast and crew, alternating nights).  Come to one for $20 ($15 for students, industry, underemployed) and see the second for just $12 (Repertory Special!) 


Seating is limited in our venue, so if you live in Winnipeg or in the surrounding area and would like to purchase tickets click here.


Lisa.xo

1 comment:

  1. I love the graphic design on the poster, both plays sounds soo good. I never seem to make it out to plays but maybe these will sway me:)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...