Saturday, July 12, 2014

Inspiration: Imelda May

I've recently been turned onto the music of Imelda May.

Despite my appearance, I don't regularly listen to a lot of rockabilly music. I saw some clips of her performing at Viva Las Vegas 17. I was intrigued, so I watched some of her vids on YouTube, then immediately downloaded a few of her albums from iTunes. Imelda May's voice is out of this world. Her albums are currently on permanent repeat on my iPod. I'm hooked and looking for more cool neo-rockabilly bands to discover (any recommendations?!).

Imelda May is classic rockabilly pin-up. I love her dedication to a style and a silhouette. It goes to show that a simple formula - a wiggle dress or pencil skirt and top with an iconic hairdo - can be the key to a great signature style.








Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to all of you for your kinds words and well wishes on my birthday last week. It meant so much to me!! xoxo..



Lisa.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear feedback from readers!

Check back or sign up for follow up comments! I do my best to answer all of your comments and questions right here!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa.xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...